Monday, February 25, 2013

Settlers of Catan

While in Corning, we had the opportunity to have a game night with Jean's cousins. They brought pizza, and we ate the leftover pasta salad that Jean made the day before.

There were six people at game night, and apparently Settlers of Catan is made for four players, so they brought an expansion pack. Honestly, I didn't really expect to have any fun. I don't like competitive games, but Settlers of Catan isn't vicious. Anyone can win something with anyone else's roll of the dice, so there's always something to look forward to. I very much enjoyed playing.

What I think is most fascinating about Settlers of Catan is how popular it is. I've only heard of it within the past year or so, but I daresay that it's trendy. It's 2013 and we have a trendy boardgame.

I didn't win, but my beau and I did have fun playing with the pieces while everyone else was setting up. I thought I should share our artwork with you.

Does he look Aztec to you?
Stonehenge


No comments: